Harebell Access Statement
Eastacott Barton is ideal for those who want a peaceful and rural location. Located about 8 miles from the coast, it provides an excellent location for exploring the delights of North Devon. We have two holiday cottages, which have been converted from Victorian stone built barns. The barns are approached over a quarter mile drive, and guests have access to 27 acres of amenity land which includes meadows, woodland and lakes.
Both barn conversions, (Stable and Harebell) have three ensuite bedrooms. Stable has significantly larger receptions rooms, which can comfortably cater for 12 people, allowing a single group to take both properties. The properties were extensively remodeled and refurbished in 2013.
In keeping with many barn conversions, access to and within the building has used existing openings, and a historic building. This means there are numerous different widths of door, some low beams and restricted headroom areas, and various levels between different parts of the buildings.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using google maps or www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is EX37 9AJ to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Umberleigh which is 1.5 miles away. Taxis are not available at the station.
- Given the rural location of Eastacott Barton, we would suggest that a car is essential.
- The local roads in North Devon can be very narrow, and this is certainly true here.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The keys can be collected from the owner’s who live in the farmhouse across the courtyard.
- Parking is available for 3 cars in the courtyard adjacent to the kitchen door of the cottage.
- The car parking area has a tarmac surface.
- This area immediately around Harebell is well lit at night by motion sensor lights.
Entrance to Property
- The most commonly used entrance to the property is directly into the kitchen, although there are also doors from the courtyard into the utility room, the sitting room and one of the stairway halls.
- The kitchen door 40ins/102cms wide, and the entrance is level.
- The entrance is lit by external lamps, which have motion sensors, or can be permanently switched on.
- The floor inside is oak.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- There are two staircases in the property.
- The east staircase leads to a single bedroom and is 33 ins/84 cms wide. There are 12 steps , each 8 ins/20 cms high.
- The west staircase leads to a landing serving two bedrooms. The staircase is 30 ins/77 cms wide. There are 12 steps in all of 8 ins/20cms, with a landing and 90 degree turn after 4 steps.
- The floor covering of both staircases is medium pile carpet.
- The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the kitchen.
- The door opening to the lounge is 72 cms wide.
- The room has four soft chairs and a two seater sofa together with a number of low coffee tables.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen 32 inch digital television with remote control, and a DVD player.
- Lighting is natural daylight through french windows. By night lighting is from a number of wall and table lamps.
- The flooring is oak.
- A door out to the patio area leads off the sitting room, this has one internal step of 8 ins/20 cms and one external step of 8 ins/20 cms.
- The sitting room leads into the utility room, with a single 3 ins/8 cms step down.
- The dining area is located in the kitchen.
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with level access from the sitting room.
- There is step free external access.
- The range cooker has two ovens, one handle is 21ins/53 cms the other handle is 29ins/74cms from the floor. The grill handle is 29 ins/74 cms.
- Worktop and sink are 920mm/36ins above the floor.
- Fridge freezer. A built in fridge and separate freezer are located in the central island.
- The island is 49ins/105 cms by 54 ins/137 cms and is 92 cms high.
- The kitchen table is 41 ins/104 cms wide and 72 ins/183 cms long. It is 30.5 ins/77 cms high.
- The island is lit by multiple track lights. There are numerous wall lights round the kitchen.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are three bedrooms on the first floor.
- The first floor bedrooms have medium pile carpet.
- All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms.
- One bedroom is configurable as a Superking or twin, one bedroom has a standard double bed, and the third bedroom has twin beds.
- The master bedroom has its own staircase at the east end of the property, and the other double and twin lead off a large landing with a staircase that leads up from the sitting room.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The master bedroom ensuite has a tiled floor with underfloor heating. The other ensuite bathrooms are carpeted.
- All the ensuite bathrooms have a low level WC, wash basin and 1700 cms bath. A shower attachment is provided in each bath. The master bathroom also has a thermostatic shower.
- The utility room is accessed from the sitting room.
- There are three external doors. One leads to the courtyard, and is 40 ins/102 cms wide. This is level.
- A second entrance leads to Stable, and has one internal step of 7 ins/19 cms. This door is 36 ins/92 cms wide.
- A third door leads out onto the patio area. There is a single 3 ins/8 cms internal step down, and one external step down of 8 ins/20 cms. This door is 32 ins/82 cms wide.
- There is a drainer sink with mixer taps.
- There is a standard size washing machine and condensing drier. Both are front loading.
- The room is lit by a LED ceiling lights.
- Flooring is tiled.
- There is a cloakroom off the utility room with basin and low level WC.
- There is a large paved patio area, which faces south.
- Access is either from the sitting room, or from the utility room.
- Teak table and chairs and a BBQ are available.
- Extensive gardens are all around the property.
- A small lake (stocked trout) is approx 50 feet south of the patio. The lawn areas adjacent to Harebell slope down towards the lake.
- Extensive grounds comprising of meadows, woodland and lakes (in all 27 acres) is available to guests
- A maximum of two well behaved dogs are very welcome
- Mobile phone reception is generally very good
- Free WiFi is provided
- We operate a no smoking policy
- Smoke detectors are located in the landing and kitchen.
- We regret that Harebell is not wheelchair friendly.
Landline: 01769 540545
Suzanne Mobile: 07767 767139
Nigel Mobile: 07767 895140